quinta-feira, 11 de outubro de 2018

MEZIRE ( INTERVIEW )




( Mezire is an extreme Dark Electro band formed by Frank and Dirk Mezire in 1995, Berlin, Germany.( Dirk Mezire is out of the band one year ago. )








Frank Mezire is a honor for me to make this great interview about you and your projects. I would like to know when did you start to make music?


I feel very honored too. :)
Well, I got an organ when I was 12 from my parents, but after about one year I hated it. :)...when I was 18 or 19 I started experimenting  with tapes ( recording tape to tape to tape... ) and programing some rythms stuffs on an very simple sequencer program on an old Comodore Amiga and finally - after I met my bandmate Dirk - I bought my first synthesizer / workstation. That also was the birth of Mezire!!! That was 1995 when I was 23 years old.

So now we would like to know about your albums... and wich album did you like to make it?


Of course allbums were fun to create, but I think it was " Corrosion Effects "wich I like most to record:


- All the early ones, because it was new to work with real instruments, work with a partner, discuss ideas and etc...

-" Reanimate " was done while I already were very much into noise music and I had "calm down"very often, because I wanted it to fit the sytle to the older releases. When you listen to it, you´ll recognize it did not work out all the time...

- with " Corrosion Effects "everything worked fine, I decided to do change the sound into Power Electronics/Noise. But at the end I think there were still some influences of the older style in it. It was very exciting to experiment with more distorted, agressive sounds. I started working without sequencer, instead I recorded everything track by track and modulated them afterwards in some way(s). Even 2 songs were recorded completly live ( Waiting & Insticts )

- " Aftermaths " was very hard to do. My son was about 4 or 5 years old in that time and of course I had most attention on him. Then there was a hard disc crash crash without backup and I had to start again ( I think 4 tracks we lost ). Anyway, the change into noisy style was finished and that was very satisfying for me.

The coming album will be very exciting for me to do, because Dirk left the band a year ago ( nevetheless we´re still  good friends ) and I´m alone with all decisions and etc...




Frank, your project is really intense, dark and distorted. Nowadays  hardly we find a project like yours...What are some of the major influences on Mezire? 


The first years it was bands like SUICIDE COMANDO, PUTREFY FACTOR 7,THE KLINIK,LAIBACH,SKINNY PUPPY...
When I distorted noise, it was and is FOLKSTORM,SLOGUN,STEEL HOOK PROTHESES,EX.ORDER,MZ 412...


Do you plans to play in some festivals, gigs or some tours in other countries or maybe in other continents?


A few years ago I decided not to do any more concerts. MAIN reason is my family, but also that gear I used on stage is broken or at least not working very safe. Of course I could exchange them, but I decided to buy more new gear to improve my idea how Mezire has to sound like. But never say never. :)







When will you release a new album? You told it above, but we would like some details that you didn´t tell us...


I hope to have a new album ready at the end of next year. First tracks are more or less finished. Again very dark, noisy and agressive. I used very much field recording this time, something I haven´t done before.
But I´m a lazy musician...meeting with friends and hagging out with my family is so much fun ;)


DECADENCE: In my opinion you are right Frank, because our life is too short and we need to enjoy each moment with our friends and family. When you are ready to do it, will be great for you, because you will be more relaxed and it will be a pleasure for you. WOW, how you told, I think that new album will be amazing like the olders albums. When you finish it, tell me please, will be a honor again for me to show it on Decadence indeed.





This is a question that I like to ask: What your point of view about EBM nowadays? and what your opinion about new bands. Are there creativity and innovation?


Since everybody owns a computer, also everybody is able to make music. Of course this leads only to quantity in most cases... but I think if you like what you are doing, it´s ok! No one is born a master! And even if you are a master, you must be sure about the fact, that you can NOT convince everyone with your music.
As long there are new projects with some quality out put like NORDARR, BLISTER EXISTS, YOUTH CODE etc... there´s nothing to worry or complain about!
Talking about innovation in EBM, or in any other music genre, this always end ups with new genres the "normal" problably doesn´t like. For example that future pop thing... when it come up it was new, creative and sometimes innovative and I hated it from the beginning *haha*


DECADENCE: I agree with you Frank, nowadays anyone can make music in your home computer, however if it will be nice or not it depends on how will be your creativity. And you are right ( And even if you are a master, you must be sure about the fact, that you can NOT convince everyone with your music.) I need to be honest too, the beginning of Future Pop I hated it too. LOL.


What do you know about South America EBM scene? Are there good bands in your opinion?And tell us some of them that you know...


Unfortunately I know only a few EBM bands from South America. The ones I know are very good! Especially MORGUE MECHANISM for example.





DECADENCE: MORGUE or MORGUE MECHANISM was a very nice 90´s Dark Electro band from Brazil. Nowadays Gil O. Santos ex member of Morgue created another nice project ( AMORPHOUS )


This question can sound funny, however I did this same question in another  interview with a German band also, however is very interesting to know what do you know about Brazil? Please,without mulatas, football and carnival. hahahahahahahaha...


That´s a really good and interesting question, altought it´s a bit embarrassing  for me. To be honest , I don´t know very much about Brazil. I had 2 very good friends in school who grew up in São Paulo. Their parents were teachers there for 10 years. But still no real knowledge about your country, except offcial language is Portuguese, your Capital is Brazilia and the amazon river and rainforest.
In the newspapers and on TV you get the impression that Brazil is a very poor country, with lots crime and violence in evrywhere... except in Rio de Janeiro, wich seems to be a paradise, because you only see pictures of a sunny beach and handsome people from that city.
Of course I don´t trust in this too much.


DECADENCE: There are many stereotypes that media like to show about Brazil, Brazil is a good country, very rich country, however the corruption is a cancer, politicians are like vampire, they like to suck our money, dignity and hope. The violence is concentrated and big cities like Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo for example. In my city there is violence, but it is very small. Media like to show handsome people enjoying the sun and drinking cocktails on the beach in Rio de Janeiro. You are right, we don´t need to trust in media.







I know that you in this moment don´t have interest to make concerts, but if appear an opportunity to travel... would you like to play here in Brazil or in another country here in South America?


If I would turn back to stage , I would love to play there of course. Getting to know other countries and nice EBM or noise people is great.


DECADENCE: You will be welcome here Frank.







Here in Brazil there are some people that like your projects. What do you really think about it? Did you know it?




Of course I feel very honored! I already had some contact with some people from South America ( Chile, Argentina... does Mexico count, too? )
But what´s the best about it: There are still people crazy enough to spend their spare time searching for unknow bands, listening to their music and keeping the scene(s) alive!!!



DECADENCE: Mexico is part of the North America and Central America Frank. However all countries that speak a latin tongue we like to say that we are Latin America.





Familientreffen is a very famous festival here in Brazil as WGT and Mera Luna too. Many people here like watch these festivals on youtube... tell us about these festivals and wich of them did you play? 


I only played in Familientreffen with MEZIRE. At WGT I only was guest on stage with my good friend T.A.N.K., wich was an amazing feeling, because the stage was so big like the whole clubs we usually play in :-D
Talking about being a visitor all the mentionated festivals are great! Mera luna is a bit too commercial too me. Almost only well know acts there, no real surprises. But at the end they have the biggest names there...
I think WGT is the most amazing festival of all: Mostly small clubs, new projects as well as the famous ones. There is something for every music lover. From Goth, EBM, Noise, (Neo) Folk,classical music and... and... and...
Well and then there´s Familientreffen: My favorite festival of all. I met the boys and girls of Electric Tremor a few years before they started their concerts in Dessau. My wife is from that "clique", Goldi (the main organizer of it all) and I shared an appartament for a year. So Familientreffen really is the place where I really meet my family and best friends. And every year I get to know so many new great people...oh I forgot...there´s music too :-D





DECADENCE: I lived in Germany in 2010 and I have been in FT too, was a nice experience for me, I knew many good people there and I have plans to visit there again... I don´t know when yet...but I have plans.





Do you like other styles of music without EBM?


Yes, Power Electronics/ Noise of course, Dark Ambient, some Goth and Dark/ New Wave Stuff.


Tell us 10 bands that changed your vision about music:


In kind of chronological other...

DEPECHE MODE
THE CURE
ANNE CLARK
SISTERS OF MERCY
FRONT 242
NITZER EBM ( TOTAL AGE )
FRONT LINE ASSEMBLY ( WITH GUITARS )
DIVE
MZ412
FOLKSTORM
SLOGUN

Mmmmmh I cant count...these are 11...who cares???


Frank you are free to say what you want mate

...love music, hate racism...

DECADENCE: Was a honor for me again Frank made this nice interview with you. Decadence is open for you when you want mate. All the best for you mate. A big hug from Brazil. 
I would like to thank Karen Sturm that told you about my job on Decadence.

CONTACTS: 


https://soundcloud.com/mezire-frank

https://www.facebook.com/mezireband/

https://mezire.bandcamp.com/




















Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário