segunda-feira, 3 de julho de 2017

FF.AA ( INTERVIEW )










My name is Daniel. I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I have been into electronic music since I was 15. Now I am 32 and I still love it! I just simply can’t live without music! Between 2001 and 2016 I worked with ElectroIndustrial, Synthpop and Goth radio “Latrashnoche”. I am a producer of many styles of electronic music like EBM, Martial, Industrial, Harsh Noise, and Dark Ambient. I used to play live DJ sets in many festivals here in Buenos Aires, and also in Chile. Currently my main project is FF.AA (Electro-Martial-Industrial) but I am also still active with my Power Electronics and Harsh Noise project Brain Death. In the past I used to compose for Psychophony 425 (Dark and Ritual Ambient), which later changed the name to Katacvmva, and I hope to write some new haunting tracks for this project this winter.



Sol: Hello Jean, I would, also, like to thank you for this interview. My name is Solange (Sol for friends). I was born in Rosario City (Santa Fé, Argentina) but I emigrated to Spain in the middle of 2008, and I have been living here since. When I was a teenager I grew up listening to electronic music, starting first with something "lighter” like Techno or Synthpop, and then gradually discovering more aggressive and darker styles like Industrial, Acid Techno, Electro until I discovered EBM and Martial. I had always wanted to be part of some electronic music project or band, but I never had that chance until I was 40 (some say that the proper life starts at this age, and now I believe it) when I collaborated with Didier Bonventre (Didier EBM) at Kassel festival in Germany, last march, singing for his project “Kryptonia 85”, and now with Daniel. 



1 - When did you start this Project?

Daniel: The project officially started in 2010 and we released first demo tracks few years later that were included in our first Cd release "Reorganización Nacional" by Mutant-e Records (Spain) in 2013. Although the first track "Operación Rosario" was already composed in 2008, after finishing a dark electro band project called Suicide Solution, which is not active anymore. I remember that at that time the whole scene was full of Aggrotech/Dark Electro band clones and I did not want to be part of this fashion, so I tried to work with a new and personal sound mixing EBM bass lines, martial drums, orchestral strings and powerful beats expressing the sound concept for FF.AA.

2 - FF.AA is a powerful, dark band. Tell me what are your influences?

The main influences have been some well know Electro and Martial Industrial acts such as Feindflug, Coinside, Laibach, Wappenbund, KaZeria, Acylum, :Wumpscut:, Siechtum, Arditi, etc. Also some movies, books, history documentaries, and some personal life experiences that helped me to create the music.


3 - Tell me more about your albums…

 Albums: The first EP "Operación Rosario" was released in 2011. It contains six demo tracks and it has a heavy MartialIndustrial influence in it sound. The name of this album and concept are about the military campaign of Argentinean armed forces that took place on Islas Malvinas Argentinas in April 2nd 1982. A full length album called "Operación Rosario II" was released in April 2nd 2012 (30th anniversary of the military campaign). The concept and the sound are the same as in previous EP but it includes 11 tracks. It is a tribute for all those brave soldiers that went to Islas Malvinas Argentinas to fight. It was really well received by many listeners all around the world. I had the feeling at that time that it was the beginning of something really good and big. In 2012 I started to be in touch with Spanish label Mutant-E Records, thanks to my friend Jacek W. from Cold Therapy. I remember that he told me that this label was looking for some new Electro-Industrial-Military Project. The label started working with me and we released a digital album through their bandcamp page named "Volver Al Camino De Grandeza" that includes several remixes of "Reorganización Nacional" (one of my favorite remixes was created by my friend, musician Adriano M. from ZandoZ Corp. Project from Sao Paulo, Brazil). In July 2013 the album “Reorganización Nacional" was released on CD through Spanish Record Label Mutant-E Records. The sound orientation of this album has heavy martial attitude, but it also contains powerful and danceable electro-industrial tracks. It initiated a new era in the sound of the project that was more aggressive and complex. This record has been very well received in Germany, Mexico, Russia, Spain and many other European countries. The idea of this album was inspired by historical events that happened in Argentina during the last dictatorship, between 1976 and 1982. Sadly it has been misinterpreted around Argentinean scene as being ”pro-fascist album”, because of its violent sound and its use of samples that were taken from many historical documentaries that referred to those violent times. We want to make it clear that we are completely apolitical project and we do not want to be associated with any kind of politics. The compilation album called "Mission Failed” was released in 2013 that included demos and B-Side tracks. It was a self-released album, because we wanted to share some old demos and rare versions. In 2017 there was re-release of remastered version of “Reorganización Nacional” album with a new cover design, just for our gig in Germany. In May of the same year another compilation was released called "Störung" with some unreleased track, remixes and live versions.

4 - Have you been in Europe? So tell me more about your gigs there…




Daniel: Yes we have! We personally met Sol in Berlin, although we had been in contact online a couple of months before. We both noticed that we have very similar music taste. I watched her live performance with French EBM project Kryptonia 85. She showed a great attitude and personality. I knew about her intention to sing in Electronic Music Project, so I entrusted her to sing with me on stage. I was very impressed about her live participation, so I proposed her to be officially part of the project. It was not easy to be alone in the project for so many years without being able to hear someone honestly telling you "this is good" or "that may be wrong", so Sol´s joining was not only about a music decision. It was also because of a need to have somebody I could trust and who could help me to see things from another, clearer point of view. Someone to help me create better songs and to use all my potential. After having many adventures and fun with our friends in Berlin, in April 2017 we went to play with FF.AA in a festival in Hoyerswerda, (Bautzen) that was organized by a very good friend of us called Ronny “Po Ponny”. For me it was a dream that came true - a chance to play live in Germany. Not to mention that the band that I really admire and that has had a big influence on the project, Coinside, was also playing there on the same day.
Daniel,Sol and Sado Sato.

 Also Austrian EBM masters SadoSato, Pantser Fabriek (Strydwolf) from Holland, and local bands Toxic Green and Enabled Disaster were also part of this huge ebm festival. We had a lot of fun with the amazing audience, the bands and festival crew, dancing a lot and, of course, drinking a lot of good German beer! It was like a mini Familientreffen! We met a lot of people there that have become our friends. We are very grateful to our friend Rudolf, composer of one of finest Neofolk Projects "Sonnenkind" for having us in his house in Berlin for few days before we went to Hoyerswerda, and also our special, crazy and lovely friend Ronny for giving us the chance of playing in this festival. Also big thanks to all the bands and friends that shared with us that amazing time. Finally, I want to give big thank you to Sol for trusting me and joining me in this project. For all her kindness, patience, friendship, and those funny moments we shared!



Sol: Like Daniel mentioned, we contacted again after a year. Thanks to my participation with Kryptonia 85, everything went really fast and I did not expect to return to work with another project so quickly, especially singing with new band at the festival. I want to say that I am really happy and grateful to my friend Ronny for giving me the chance of performing in his festival and discovering another beautiful place in Germany, and also meeting in person so many artists that I like. I would like thank Daniel, for trusting me. Despite of that we had no chance to practice, previously. It was a big "feat" for me, haha...



5 - I really would like to know about electronic music scene in Argentina…


 Daniel: Well, there exists many good projects but, sadly, I have to say that the scene here is almost dead. There are not many clubs you can go to and listen to this kind of music. I believe that there is no unity at all between local promoters. I have to admit that I lost hope in the local scene quite a while ago. Buenos Aires is still a good city for listening to tango, but not so well for industrial music. Of course, I hope this will change someday. My favorite local projects are Kazeria, Argentum, Noiz Tradamuz, Unsichtbaren Gesichter, and Pablo Reche.

6 - Do you have plans to play in others countries this year?


 Daniel: We want to go wherever the project takes us. We will reunite with Sol in Argentina in next November, and we have in mind visiting some other countries in Latin America. Brazil is at the top of the list. Fingers crossed!

Sol: For personal reasons I have to go back to my home country this year. I have not been there since 2009, so I will use this time to reunite with my family and friends, and maybe also visit neighboring Brasil, if everything goes well. Fingers crossed, yes!.



You will be welcome here.


7 - What do you think about Brazilian electronic music scene?


 Daniel: I know that in São Paolo exists a very huge scene. Many bands that have never come to Argentina like Suicide Commando or Dive have already performed in Brazil. I am very interested in going there and performing. My favorites bands are, in the first place, Aghast View, Biopsy (of course!), Zandoz Corp, Klaustrophobik, Homicide Division, and many others I may not remember now. Oh yeah, they are not so into electronic music, but I love the first albums of Sepultura and Nailbomb!

 Sol: Like Daniel said, Brasil has many bands and projects. I also like Aghast View, Biopsy, Aesthetische and Sepultura, as I do like metal or grindcore industrial too. The reason why we would like to play there is because there exists a huge culture of music, not just electronic music scene.


8 - Do you have many contacts around the world?


Daniel: We have to say that, luckily, yes. We have a lot of good connections and friends all over the world, mostly in Europe like Germany, Spain, Austria, Russia, Italy, and other countries.


 Sol: Yes, we have been lucky to have great contacts. After living in Europe for eight years I have got to know European scene very well.



9 - What is your favorite kind of music?


Sol: Most of the time, I listen to Techno, Electro and old school EBM, Anhalt EBM, Industrial in all of his variants, Martial Industrial, New Beat, Digital Hardcore, Electropunk. A little bit of Synth and Electro Pop, and when not listening to Electronic Music I enjoy listening to some Punk Rock, Oi, Rockabilly & Psychobilly, Thrash, and also Classical Music, haha!


 Daniel: I mostly listen to industrial and EBM Music. My favourites genres are EBM, Industrial, Noise, Power Electronics, Martial Industrial or Dark Ambient. In free time, I also listen to some crossover bands. There is not much of Synthpop in my playlists, but I have to say that my favorite band in this genre is Camouflage. On other occasions, I enjoy listening to some 80's, Goth, Post Punk or any Dark genre, in a pub or bar, with my friends. If I have to mention a list, I have to say that I do enjoy the very first albums from Suicide Commando, Feindflug, :Wumpscut:, first Laibach, first F.L.A., first Funker Vogt, Converter, Winterkälte, Genocide Organ, Haus Arafna, Stahlwerk 9...There are so many bands I can think about now, so the list would be very long. I love almost everything from Cold Meat Industry, Steinklang Records, Ant-Zen, Hands Records, Old Europa Café and Electric Tremmor.


10 - You are free to say what you want… 


Sol: I want to thank for the kindness and warmth of Brazilian people. I hope to meet you in person one day. Jean. Once we have the chance to be between our friends, in our brother country, we will give everything on the stage, and we will share good moments together. Big hug!

 Daniel: Thank you, again, for the interview and your time, Jean. We hope to go wherever this project take us, and hope to go to Brazil soon to drink some good Cachaça and Caipiriña with "nuestros hermanos y hermanas brasileñas" while listening to good EBM tunes. We will bring with us some some good red Argentinean wine. Muito obrigado! Viva Brazil!


Jean:
Thanks a million Daniel and Sol how I said above you will be very welcome here in Brazil. Success my friends. 

 CONTACTS:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnqcmdk9jng0-HBe1LAfUjQ 

https://www.facebook.com/MUSIC.FF.AA/ 

https://soundcloud.com/ffaa-music 



 




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário